Earn an extra $1000 over the course of the summer when you get hired and work throughout the summer. The Summer Bonus is for ALL CAMPS & POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY positions. This also includes a FREE Y membership.
- The first $500 will be included in the employees first pay of the season
- The second $500 will be included in the employees last pay of the season
REPORTS TO: Camp Director
- No day off requests will be approved (once employment begins) as this is a summer seasonal position (June – September)
- Camp/program hours are between 8:30 AM – 4:15 PM Monday-Friday
- As a Program Director you may be needed during Pre/Post Camp hours but this will always be communicated in advance and with your permission, as it falls outside of the required hours of the position.
- At times, as a Program Area Director you may be asked to work a non-camp Sargent event. This will be strictly on a voluntary basis. Rate of pay/hour may not reflect your regular rate of pay but will be made clear to you at the time of signing up for the event(s).
Under the direction of the Camp Director, a Program Director is responsible for planning and leading age appropriate activities in their area of expertise. This position works directly with children ages 5 – 16 years old. This position is directly responsible for the safety and supervision of the children/staff in their program area at ALL times. The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings. They should be knowledgeable in the camping programs they are programming for, and should be creative in bringing new ideas to the program. The candidate should be energetic and have a positive attitude, looking for the best in themselves and in the people around them. They must be able to interact with parents, and represent the YMCA of Greater Nashua in a positive light. They must also be positive and nurturing to children, and should be able to set consistent limits for the children.
Potential Program Area Positions:
- Waterfront Director (requires a ARC Lifeguard certification)
- Archery Director (requires a Level 1 USA Archery Certification)
- Challenge Course Director (requires training fom High 5 Adventures)
- Nature Director
- Arts and Crafts Director
- Farm Camp Director (must have experience with animals)
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Attend staff training prior to camp season
- Activity Planning and Execution
- Develop Lesson plans for all classes and programs that fall under the Program area and make sure counselors have a working knowledge of these plans in order to step in as the lead staff member of a class. Lesson Plans must be written.
- Creativity and a focus on fun is a must.
- Take an inventory of camp supplies and assist in creating an ordering list of supplies as needed.
- Will execute classes and activities for camper during activity periods and will supervise any counseling staff who are part of those classes.
- Will be responsible for camper safety at all times.
- General Maintenance of the Program area
ii. Maintain and correctly store all equipment for the program area with a detailed inventory.
- Keep the program area generally clean and a functional work space
- Make sure all equipment is cared for during and after any use.
- Relationship and Values Building
- Maintain a positive relationship with campers, parents, and staff.
- Promote good personal relationships among campers.
- Promote the values of the YMCA by being a positive role model for all campers.
- Camp is an environment of fun and life skills learning. An ability to identify life lessons and pull them to the front of conversation is a must.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have prior experience in child care, day camp, or recreational leadership with children.
- A commitment to working daily with youth in a day camping outdoor environment.
- Must have written evidence and or certification that (recent within six months) proper training from an authoritative source prior to the start of camp has taken place as the position requires. Camp can assist in the attainment of these certifications. (Waterfront – ARC Lifeguarding, Challenge Course – High 5 Low Ropes course or Equivalent, Archery – Level 1 USA Archery).
- Candidate is responsible for the training/orientation of other staff (prior to the start of camp) to lead activities to act as an assistant in any and all program area elements.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move around the Camp facility fast enough to keep children
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.