Reports to: Camp Director and Properties Director of the YMCA of Greater Nashua
Rate of Pay: $12-$13 an hour
Under the direction of the Camp Director and Properties Director of the YMCA of Greater Nashua, the Maintenance Director is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the buildings, equipment and property as assigned. The incumbent interacts positively with campers, staff and guests and responds to requests. The candidate should be energetic, and have a positive attitude, looking for the best in themselves and in the people around them.
- This is a summer seasonal position.
- Hours are between 10am-5pm (May-September)
- NO day off requests will be approved as this is a summer seasonal position.
- At times, as the Maintenance director you may be asked to work a non-camp Sargent event.
- Rate: $12-$13/hour
- Attend all pre-season staff training sessions.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Ensures a constant state of compliance with both of our accredited and licensed bodies; American Camp Association (ACA) and the Department of Environmental Services (DES).
- Keep the buildings and grounds in good working order and roads and wooded paths in good repair and passable
- Conduct periodic inspections of the camp site, facilities, and vehicles, ensuring mechanical soundness and cleanliness
- Daily cleaning and stocking of all bathrooms and common use facilities.
- Make necessary repairs to buildings, equipment, or vehicles based on set priorities
- Keep appropriate records of preventative maintenance service on equipment and buildings
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision
- Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
- Perform grounds maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, mowing, weed whacking, leaf blowing and clearing trees and brush.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, painting, vacuuming, pressure washing and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs.
- Ensure YMCA buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Clean up blood or body fluids which could contain blood borne pathogens.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- May operate gas powered tools (including ride on mower) for use in maintenance of the grounds.
- Manage volunteer workers when applicable
- Specific job skills required: (basic) carpentry, plumbing and interior/exterior painting
- Anything else necessary in creating a safe, fun camp experience
- Must follow all safety guidelines that are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Cannot travel outside of New England for the duration of the summer.
- Must provide us with a physical form stating you are in good health prior to the start of camp. It must be dated no later than June 2019.
- Ability to work in extreme heat.
- Must be able to move around the Camp facility quickly.
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to different locations5-10 times a day.
- Stand on ladders and comfort of heights (i.e.: rooftop cleaning, gutter cleaning etc.).
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Able to work M-F, 10am-5pm (May-September)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Basic to mid-level experience in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Be able to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to work with Camp Sargent leadership and staff team.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.entertimeonline.com.