Leaders in Training Facilitator
Earn an extra $1000 over the course of the summer when you get hired and work throughout the summer. The Summer Bonus is for ALL CAMPS & POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY positions. This also includes a FREE Y membership.
- The first $500 will be included in the employees first pay of the season
- The second $500 will be included in the employees last pay of the season
Under the direct supervision of the Leaders-in-Training (LIT) camp director, the LIT counselor will provide a leadership experience for our oldest teen campers at Camp Sargent. LIT counselors will facilitate activities in Teambuilding, Leadership, and general camp activities. This position is directly responsible for the safety and supervision of their assigned group at all times. The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings. They should be knowledgeable in the camping programs they are programming for, and should be creative in bringing new ideas to the program. The candidate should be energetic and have a positive attitude, looking for the best in themselves and in the people around them. They must be able to interact with parents, and represent the YMCA of Greater Nashua in all aspects of YMCA Camp Sargent. They must also be positive and nurturing to children, and should be able to set consistent limits for the children.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- This is a summer seasonal position – June 26 – August 19
- Hours are between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
- As a LIT Facilitator you may be needed during Pre (7-9am)/Post (4-6pm) Camp hours.
- Rate: $13-$15 per hour depending on experience and certifications
- Attend all pre-season staff training sessions.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Plan and lead activities with small and large groups according to the daily schedule.
- Provide daily supervision to the program participants.
- Keep the LIT Camp Director and Camp Sargent Director informed of any concerns and/or behavior issues within the program.
- Keep the LIT Camp Director and Camp Sargent Director informed about scheduled activities and any changes.
- Maintain a positive relationship with campers, parents, and staff.
- Promote the values of the YMCA by being a positive role model for all campers.
- Keep a “Rainy Day Kit” (cards, coloring books, board games, group games etc.) handy.
- Care for and maintain all camp property and equipment used.
- Promote good personal relationships among campers.
- Act as your group’s immediate health care responder for all reasonably anticipated health-care concerns based on the individual, location and activity. Examples: tick removal, sunburn, dehydration, scrapes etc.
- All health care supplies are available in the first aid station and it is the responsibility of the employee to ensure they are equipped to handle all reasonable and common injuries.
- Preventative measures to avoid illness and the spread of infection for both yourself and others are to be used through the use of CPR barrier, masks or gloves.
- Must follow all safety guidelines that are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Cannot travel outside of New England for the duration of the summer.
- Must provide us with a physical form stating you are in good health prior to the start of camp. It must be dated no later than June 2020.
- Provide supervison for LITs as they work with younger camper groups.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have prior experience in child care, day camp, or recreational leadership with children.
- Proven experience in teaching/leading camp activities including (but not limited to) songs, crafts, games, nature, sports, and the importance of fair play.
- Lifeguard/Watercraft/Ropes/Archery preferred but not required.
- A commitment to working with youth in an outdoor day camping environment.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move around the Camp facility fast enough to keep children
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.