Assistant Camp Director
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Assistant Camp Director is responsible for staff supervision, behavior/discipline issues with campers, parent questions/concerns, and keeping the main lodge neat and organized on a daily basis for the entirety of the camp season. This position is directly responsible for the safety and supervision of ALL campers and staff.
The candidate should be energetic and have a positive attitude, looking for the best in themselves and in the people around them. They must be able to interact with parents, and represent the YMCA of Greater Nashua in all aspects of YMCA Camp Sargent. They must also be positive and nurturing to children, and should be able to set consistent limits for the children.
WORK SEASON / HOURS:
This is a summer seasonal position. Hours are between 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, M-F. As the Assistant Camp Director you will need to schedule with the other Assistant Camp Directors to have one (1) Assistant Camp Director always on duty for the duration of the entire camp day (pre and post camp included). Any days off must be approved, in writing, by the Camp Director at least two weeks prior to the date desired off
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have prior experience in child care, day camp, or recreational leadership with children.
- Certification in Community First Aid and CPR.
- Must have proven experience in supervising staff (up to 15 people).
- A commitment to working with youth in an outdoor day camping environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management is a MUST!
- Assist the camp staff in the supervision and behavior management of campers.
- Responsible for contacting parents when needing information, or informing them of disciplinary, medical issues regarding their child.
- Handle all walk-in and phone queries from parents and visitors that enter Camp Sargent
- Lead tours of Camp Sargent to visitors, if requested.
- Responsible for co-supervision and co-evaluation of unit of staff members.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of main lodge with the other Assistant Camp Directors on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all campers are receiving quality care and supervision throughout the camper’s daily activities.
- Promote positive relationships with campers, parents, and staff.
- Care for and maintain all camp property and equipment used.
- Promote the values and beliefs of the YMCA by acting as a positive role model for all campers, staff, and parents.
- Facilitate in the daily dismissal of campers to parents, busses, or post camp.
- Lead supervision of campers and staff during pre/post camp program.
- To ensure camp property is kept neat and clean on a daily basis
- Working with the Director in creating the weekly schedule every Friday for the next week
- Always show professionalism while at camp; to campers, staff, and parents and lead by example.
- Must be able to identify and react to any reasonable first aid emergencies in a quick and fail proof manner.
- Report to Camp Director any and all dangerous situations in camp.
- Reviews all camper health forms and is aware of those campers with special medical conditions, medications, and/or allergies.
- Maintains the first aid station to be a clean and safe environment.
- Performs medication management for applicable campers and properly updates health logs.
- Act as your group’s immediate health care responder for all reasonably anticipated health-care concerns based on the individual, location and activity. Examples: tick removal, sunburn, dehydration, scrapes etc.
- All health care supplies are available in the first aid station and it is the responsibility of the employee to ensure they are equipped to handle all reasonable and common injuries.
- Responsible for daily attendance at check in/out each day.
- To assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Camp Director.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move around the Camp Sargent facility fast enough to keep children safe.
- I understand that I am required to submit a doctor’s physical form dated within two years of first day of summer camp. Furthermore, I understand that I cannot begin employment until a copy of this physical form is submitted to the camp director. No exceptions.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.